Sunday, October 14, 2012

Obssesion

Facebook may have ruined my life. During this past summer, I could not for the life of me stop thinking about someone who we will from now on call Mickey. It all started once fateful day in April where in need of a ride at a mission's conference, my sister and I where found transportation with some guy we had met in summer camp some years back. While on the car, Mickey ()engaged us both in conversation and I thought little of it after that. We talked or rather he asked and waited for a response from me and Lidia. I kept on thinking, well he keeps on staring at Lidia so maybe he like her. Cool. Only Lidia was not giving him the time of day and he kept on asking me questions about marriage and who come first; the spouse or the children. At the time I spouted off some random noncommittal answer but in all honesty, I had never though about it before then. And then it happened. Lidia kept saying, ohh I think he likes you and of course in my ever insecure opinion of myself I assured her that that was in no way the case. But, I began thinking about him, and then he invited be to his graduation party which I of course could not attend as it was 1000 mile away but thoughts of him never left my mind for long. The summer came and I was happily interning among geriatric patients at an assisted living facility but all the while my thoughts where of him...how pathetic am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment